NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Connection Of DSLR camera

gmessyhome

Hi Folks, fairly new to astronomy and loving the experience I`ve had so far. My telescope is Celestron Nextstar 8 hd edge. My understanding is that this comes with the option of removing the mirror and turning the scope into an F/2 as opposed to F/10.  I`m struggling a little with the adapter i would need to connect my dslr to the front of the telescope. I have a canon 700d and wish to mount it to the front and make use of the the F/2.

ive read that the Hyprstar v8 will fix to the front and then you can connect the camera to that. However I have seen pictures of a camera attach to the mirror fixing. I`m open to which adapter i would need.

I posted this in the beginners forum , but got no reply`s so trying here. Have I asked a question that no one can answer ?

Thanks,

Hoping for more clear skies

Thanks guys for replying. However the solution was forth coming from celestron themselves.

Evolution 8 HD edge is already f/2 ready however they have said its not advisable  to put a dlsr in the front as it will obscure to much for the collection plate. However if you use a dedicated AWO camera then this is doable . But you will need the hyperstar Kit to make full use of the f/2 function.  So in my instance ill be using the reducer with a standard DSLR unitl i can purchase the Hyperstar and CMOS camera.

So if you have a 9.25 upwards that is Fastar ready then you can simply attach a DSLR camera to the front making sure you have a adapter for your camera. So something like the new Canon RA will work a treat.

Clear Skies