NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pacman

Coops

Hi All,

This is my first go with guiding,Started out with PhD but I got the feeling it was not too happy with the webcam as it was constantly saying' star not moving Etc' and crashing so I switch over to Guidedog and that for my set up seemed far more stable.

This is 10x600 in Ha with a QHY6 and a WO megrez 72 mount HEQ5 giuded with my little SPC900 and a Olympus 50m lens piggy backed.

Flats and darks applied in DSS curves and levels in PS 5.5

11933_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks for looking

Pete

I forgot to mention of the 10subs I only used 5 as the others had some tracking issues :)

That's a nice pacman Pete. Shame about the lost subs since that would have smoothed things out nicely. Guiding is one of those things which is a doddle when it works, you think you've got it cracked, and then it goes belly up again. Definitely looks like good progress though if you are managing 10 mins

Nice image Pete,

Its likely your problem was cause by the short focal lenght of the "guidescope" taht you were using -unless it really was a 50m :)

There are a few settings to tweak in PHD... the problem was that during the calibration process PHD wasn't seeing the star moving when it was moving the mount...

Now if only i could remeber which settigns to change....

Billy...

Thanks for all the feedback folks!!

I found another thread with the same issue and have made the adjustment in PhD

Yep its a 50m lens Billy I did try a telephoto 135m but I couldn't get it to focus so stuck with the 50m

(what is the FL of that lens?)

Thanks again

Pete

Archived