SW Star Adventurer Pro not tracking properly

On 21/11/2020 at 17:19, Davey-T said:

Calibrating the Polar scope which can be fiddly and it's possible for the reticle to fall backwards and then when you tighten a grub screw it can fall inside so you have to take it apart to reassemble it

Instead after Polar Aligning you can check every 20 minutes or so to see if Polaris is following the circle in the polar scope and if not adjust it back doing this a few times  should get it close enough.

Set it up as you would for imaging then holding the weight move it from side to side and up and down to check there is no movement except for the clutch slipping.

Dave

Thanks Dave. This is what I've been doing so far but you've seen the results. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with the tracker.

On 21/11/2020 at 17:47, Jamgood said:

There's an easy way to check if it is out. Get Polaris aligned and rotate the scope 180°. (6 down to 6 up) If Polaris is still on the line, you're fine. If it's off the line, you need to fix it. 

You can do that in the day time with a distant TV aeriel or something. Just have to be very careful and take your time. 

Check YouTube for tutorials, etc. You should only have to do it once as long as the mount doesn't take a serious knock.

I've done this test a couple times during the day and it seems to be ok. The reference object is still at the center after rotating the scope, or very, very close to it.

On 21/11/2020 at 19:44, Thorney said:

Don’t know if this could be the issue but my Star Adventurer didn’t track properly then it wouldn’t turn off so I sent the unit back and it turned out to be a faulty motherboard. All is sorted now and it works a treat. 

Thank you. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with mine too. I've tried everything and still doesn't track properly.