SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ABUtilities for 350d owners

Quatermass

Having got another second hand Canon 350d and finding that Canon have not updated the drivers so you can run it on a 64bit system or Backyard EOS all very frustrating I came across AButilites developed by this chap 

https://www.aemfoto.it/wp/2017/01/07/canon-5d-and-350drebel-xt-driverlibrary-for-windows-788-110-64bit/?unapproved=322&moderation-hash=9696922bfb25ea4a042c77a6bd455c1c#comment-322

Its basicly his version of the old EOS utilitys that came with the Camera but installing it will allow your 350d to be controlled on your laptop using a 64bit system.

I have heard that Stellarmate used with a rasberry PI will also connect to the old Canon 350d but have yet to try that. 

Any one out there using a 350d still and if so how do you connect it to your set up?

Cheers QM

• Like 1

I have a Canon 300D which has the same issue in that you can't load the Canon drivers on a modern OS and several of the popular astro utilities won't talk to it.   I found that one of the stock apps in a Mint Linux 19 installation will communicate with the camera so you can access the contents of the CF card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

I have a Canon 300D which has the same issue in that you can't load the Canon drivers on a modern OS and several of the popular astro utilities won't talk to it.   I found that one of the stock apps in a Mint Linux 19 installation will communicate with the camera so you can access the contents of the CF card.

I do wish Canon would sort this out and update the drivers for the older cameras the 350d is a great camera for imaging and easy to mod as well which is why I got another one. I also found this article from a chap in france how uses stellarmate with his 350d I emailed him and he says it works great so there is hope for the 350d yet

http://www.astrokraken.fr/stellarmate-a-new-start-for-your-beloved-canon-eos-350d-rebel-xt-a169407488

• Like 1