NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 fluke in North Cornwall 15-10-20

AstroNebulee

I've only just managed to load onto my laptop the images from Thursday night when I was testing out my new omegon star tracker lx2 with  my canon 450d on 15-10-20 here in North Cornwall and just pointed the dslr towards an area of sky I was hoping to capture M33 in and just to see how the tracking would work at various settings on the dslr.  I was inside my flat and through a window as couldn't get outside to try it so I know the image is poor and reflections on the image.  I was just using my tamron 70-300mm at 70 mm setting to get as much of the sky in view.  I will zoom in further next time, the images were taken at iso 1600 at 60 sec exposures, only 5 lights, 3 darks and 3 flats ( I was just trying it out so will do more combinations of both in the future) I used DSS for stacking and PS for a bit of tweaking in levels.  Its very poor by everyone's standards but as my first galaxy captured I was absolutely blown away I fluked getting M33 into shot.  Now I know how my omegon tracker works and what spring setting to have it, on the next clear night I shall set up outside and try for M31 as much bigger compared to M33 and know where to look exactly for it as I've seen it through my binos. I've included the Tiff file if anyone wanted to play.   Clear skies everyone

M33-1st-go.jpg

M33-1st-go-crop.jpg

m33-2nd-go.jpg

m33-2nd-gocrop.jpg

M33 1st go.TIF m33 2nd go.TIF

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, callisto said:

You are on your way now....The bug has bit ;)  👍

Mark

Thank you, oh yes the bug has bitten a while ago when I first viewed M31 through my binos and just waiting yo get my dslr set up together so I can take it outside to image Dso's as I can't get my scope and mount down the flights of stairs. So happy to finally image a galaxy, clear skies 📷🌌🔭

• Like 1