SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Recommend me a backpack for my portable gear?

Hi all,

I've just (well, apart form the ASI120MM Mini which is out of stock everywhere) got my "portable" kit delivered this week, which consists of

WO Redcat 51

WO 32mm Guidescope

WO Wedge

Star-Watcher AZ-GTi (+ counterbalance bar/weight)

I already have a modified 600D (Bought off here)

So excluding the tripod, I would really appreciate a recommendation of a backpack to be able to put all this stuff into (along with room for an ASIAir Pro and some dew strips) so when the skies look clear I can just throw the backpack in a car and head off into the hills somewhere.

Does anyone have a decent backpack they have used and could recommend at all that I could fit all the above into?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi,

So excluding the tripod, I would really appreciate a recommendation of a backpack to be able to put all this stuff into (along with room for an ASIAir Pro and some dew strips) so when the skies look clear I can just throw the backpack in a car and head off into the hills somewhere.

I would kindly suggest not to throw your backpack, but gently place it in your car 😆

I personally use this backpack, see below.

Can get WO Redcat with DLSR in the bag, also have enough space for dew strap, finder scope and camera, ASIAIR pro, iPad, 2kg counter weights and few other bits and bobs.

Beschoi DSLR Camera Backpack Waterproof Camera Bag for Sony Canon Nikon Olympus SLR/DSLR Camera, Lens and Accessories, Black (Large)
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M4MDTNP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_o4dJFbAH5FXVG

There are other options that might be suited for your gear.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, keramos said:

Hi,

I would kindly suggest not to throw your backpack, but gently place it in your car 😆

I personally use this backpack, see below.

Can get WO Redcat with DLSR in the bag, also have enough space for dew strap, finder scope and camera, ASIAIR pro, iPad, 2kg counter weights and few other bits and bobs.

Beschoi DSLR Camera Backpack Waterproof Camera Bag for Sony Canon Nikon Olympus SLR/DSLR Camera, Lens and Accessories, Black (Large)
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M4MDTNP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_o4dJFbAH5FXVG

There are other options that might be suited for your gear.

LoL, good point about the throwing 😛 But your setup sounds pretty similar to mine so will certainly take a look at that backpack, impressed that you can fit the counterweights in there as well, so hopefully i'll be fine to throw an azgti and a wedge in there, i'll get my tape measure out :)

Thank you

Check out snowboard bags for the tripod, probably worth getting a short strap and buckle or a belt that you can use to keep the legs together.  Might not be a snug fit but it should keep them from rubbing on other stuff... such as car seats.  I found one in a charity shop going cheap, might even fit a small aperture newtonian in there (like 130 or something).