Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help wanted around the Nexstar 8SE visual back etc- Am I missing a connector?

Hi everyone,

I have acquired a Nexstar 8SE for use with an AVX. I have had this for some time and it came attached with a 2" Baader Clicklock (CL) for insertion of my 2" Star Diagonal. This has been fine. I now discover the CL has been attached through tight screw down of its 6 grubber screws. 

However I have recently become interested in being able to unscrew the CL to insert a focal reducer. However to do this I must use an Allen key on all the grubbers to remove the CL. Not ideal. On taking off the CL I see a thin thread but the CL does not/cannot screw onto this. It "caps" it. Hence (I assume) the use of the grubscrews. 

I wonder now if I am missing a screw piece as I see frequent mentions of simply unscrewing the CL to place on a focal reducer and for the life of me I have no idea how such a thing would screw on to such a thin protrusion from the back. 

So I attach the image of my Nexstar 8SE and ask "am I missing a piece somewhere"?

Thanks

2083ABC8-4D75-4484-94A4-C50D76509D0A.jpeg

A2116966-756C-4BCD-872E-B487C1EB4AA6.jpeg

I think I have my own answer - I think part of the Clicklock is screwed tight against the Nexstar and what I can see is the ring of part of the CL  - a thin ring etc and its locked solid. No obvious way of twisting this off! Argghhh!

and so after a long struggle with a Draper rubber wrench I did indeed have a piece of the CL still attached to the scope - if extraordinarily tightly. Now reassembled and cleaned up on both threads and the CL screws back on again in one smooth motion. Duh!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...