PHD2 crashes!

SECSIO

Hi

Last night I gave a try for autoguiding for my first time. I used a ZWO ASI 120 MM Mini + Skywatcher Finder Scope 9x50. When I starded PHD2, everything seemed ok, I focused the camera, autoselected a star and finally when I pressed "Auto-guide" button, PHD2 crashed... It happens every time I start autoguiding when PHD2 tries to place the selected start in the center of the drawn pattern in the screen. I think it must be a communication problem whith my mount, I use ST4 communication port of the camera.

32 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Have you selected On-Camera in the mount selection tab? Tried a different pc/laptop/cables?

Yes, I selected On-Camera in the mount settings, I will try with other laptop, thank you for your reply

Hi Secsio

Not sure what you mean by "crashed" ?

It closed down?  Locked up ? Camera output disappeared ?

Is this definitely the first guiding session, is PHD2 trying to use an old Calibration ? Hold down Shift when you hit the Guide button, to make a new Calibration.

On 04/10/2020 at 15:59, SECSIO said:

PHD2 tries to place the selected start in the center of the drawn pattern in the screen.

The autoselected star should already be in the centre of the PHD2 "square", which should then change to yellow cross-hairs on the same star as Calibration starts ?

Post your PHD2 GuideLog so that we can check your settings etc, should be in the PHD2 folder.

Michael