Skywatcher Evostar 100ED DS-Pro dew-shield

Hi!

I'm in the middle of ordering a Skwatcher Evostar 100ED DS-Pro and I'd like to create a custom 3D printed solar filter for white light observing. Could someone who owns the scope please measure the outer diameter of the dew-shield, since I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks in advance!

Victor

Aaaand done!!

Let's hope that these are the correct dimensions😅 I've added a 0.25mm gap between the dew-shield and filter which should still make it fit nice on the dew-shield. Otherwise I will add a piece of tape on the inside:) The solar film will be mounted on the inside of the "cap". This means I can essentially switch straight from daytime to night time astronomy without removing the entire filter.

Suggestions to feature/changes are welcome!

Solar filter for 100ED.pdf

EDIT: I might try to remove the 2.5mm brim which would essentially cut down the aperture by 5mm. Not a lot, but hey! I pay for 100mm and I will use 100mm:))

Edited by Victor Boesen

2 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Make sure that the solar film when fitted is in a relaxed state, attempting to fit it tight like a drum skin will affect the optical quality, wrinkles will not be noticed.    🙂

Yes I'll make sure not to stretch it;) The filter for my 72ED works quite well so I should probably be able to adapt the same to the 100ED.

• Like 1