Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble and Lobster

Endolf

Finally managed to get enough data on my baby scope to call it an image. This is about 8 hours of narrowband data around the SH2-157, there is quite a lot in of objects in here.

This is the first image from my SharpStar 61 EDPH MKII that I got a few weeks back, the first time I'm using astroberry (as opposed to my normal stellarmate), first time with an APO, first time using the ZWO EAF. The EAF needs more tuning, especially in the OIII it's not a reliable process yet, I often have to run it a couple of times to get it to play. My guiding wasn't playing nice last night (the second of the 2 nights gathering data), not sure if my PA was off or if there was some other reason for it.

I'm pretty pleased with the blue on the lobster, I think I could do a bit more on the bubble, but I need to be careful about going too far.

42x180s Ha
60x180s OIII
60x180s SII

Drizzled with droplet 0.5 and scaled 2x, calibrated, stacked and combined in APP, post processing in PixInsight.

Full details and higher res are on Telescopius

sh2_159_v5_rescaled.thumb.jpg.e3b10509efb2ea25a9eb321619df29ce.jpg

• Like 4