NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Focuser wobbles with EAF

Just received my new EAF for my TS Optics 90mm CF that has the 2.5 inch R&P focuser.

Issue is that there's no direct holes for the focuser bracket to go into, so I've had to take the grub screws out and replace them with longer ones so the bracket will go on securely.

The other issue is that because the focus lock is in the way, I've had to take that out but now since it blocks the bracket going on, the focuser wobbles

Here's a picture of before I installed the bracket

The only idea I have is to drill out a hole in the bracket big enough for the focus lock screw to go in.

Any help would be appreciated

Matt

IMG_20200922_133453967.jpg

Edited by matt_baker

Its likely that the focus motor/gearbox will hold the focus tube when focus is obtained so the knob lock will not be needed.

I would try it without and make provision only if experience dictates. I am guessing that if you try to turn the focus motor when powered it will not move.