Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A better morning after the storm passed.

maw lod qan

My past two periods of days off have been, if not cloudy, then totally cloud covered due to the usual thunderstorms and tropical storm Sally.

This morning finally cleared up enough for me to get out.

There was still enough high haze that the brilliant quarter phase of Venus visually had the hint of fog around it in the sky, but through the scope it was not too bad.

Mars showed some detail, but it could have been much better. Still it was nice seeing it growing so large after having been just a bright red dot.

The thing that tells me the season is really changing is Orion climbing back into the early morning sky.

Before going back in I took a quick peek at Orion's nebula. That area of the sky must have been a bit better because the Trapezium was very clear, standing out against the background of the Nebula.

Just another couple months of our wonderful humidity making the air as thick as soup!😁

• Like 2