Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASIAIR First light - M81

Bobby1970

What with losing my job, and finding another coupled with the lighter nights i haven't had the enthusiasm to use the ASIAir i bought months ago.......until last night.

Took me about 15 minute to polar align and once i had the "smiley face" that was enough for me.

Platesolving and guiding seemed to work ok, although i did notice some wild swings during guiding and lost a couple of subs, perhaps this is just down the the inaccuracies of the AZGti im honestly not sure.

Picked an easy target of M81 and set the whole thing going to capture 60 odd 120s exposures. I also captured some darks and flats (i am still not sure im doing these correctly tbh lol)

Went back inside and occasionally monitored the subs from my amazon fire tablet.

After my attempts at processing using Startools and Paint.net, this is the final image:-

612761526_M81140920120sx61jpg.jpg.60547ee14ead8566aeae2b54beecabd5.jpg

Overall i am fairly satisfied with this for a first attempt. 

• Like 7

Like it! I'm using the ASIAir Pro, too. It has made astrophotography so much more enjoyable purely down to the speed in which I can get going, and that I can monitor everything from my iPad. Sorry to hear about your job, it's a tough time for most people right now. Hopefully the ASIAir will bring you plenty of enjoyment away from all of that.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys. 

I would be interested in knowing what settings people are using for guiding with the ASIAir and AZGti  in terms of dithering? If anyone can help?

I left the settings pretty much as default and told it to dither every 5th exposure. No idea whatsoever if this is right or wrong tbh. Lol. 

What's an ideal "settle" time after dithering??

How often to dither is good practice? 

Edited by Bobby1970