NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter, 2020-09-11

astroavani

Some explanations about the photo captions:
First of all, I put the date and time as stated in WinJUpos
 Then I place the CM, which are the meridians used to locate the positions on Jupiter, the most important is the CMIII which is the Magnetic meridian, as it never changes. So any scholar can accurately locate something on Jupiter and compare it to another photographer's photo anywhere in the world. Because Jupiter has a very dynamic atmosphere and new things are always coming up like Outbreak in the temperate zone above the GRS.
Above the setup I made an estimate of the seeing and put the altitude that the star was at the time of the photo.
Then I put the setup that was used to make the photo, this is also important to give an idea of the level reached, because you can't want a C8 to take a photo with the details of a C14, can you?
Finally, I put the place where the photo was taken, in this case, República Rio Grandense because we declared independence.

b6.png

• Like 18

Hail to the República Rio Grandense,  to its people and to its birds.

Hi Avani, this is a wonderfully detailed image, all the way into the polar regions. There is so much going on around the GRS. To its South, small dark clouds resemble half faded handwriting. It is almost as if a message was written there by that large white spot that joined the GRS. They  form a nice pair together. 

The colours are wonderful and fresh: The bright orange pastels stand out beautifully between the whites and light greys.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Ruud