Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sh2-119 in Ha with the RASA 8

gorann

The moon is out so I am collecting Ha with the RASA 8. Sh2-119 is that less commonly imaged nebula to the "left" of the North America Nebula. Collected over two nights this weekend as I only got 40 min the first night due to uninvited clouds. Totally 68 x 5 min with ASI1600MM on gain 139, offset 50, cooled to -20°C.

Frustrating to wait for the moon to go away before I can collect RGB for this object:crybaby2:

20200905-7 Sh2-119 Ha RASA PS7smallSign.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice Goran. This is quite the tour of the skies you are on with the RASA. I'm very much enjoying reading them all, so keep em coming!

Sh2-119 is one I only discovered recently, whilst doing a mosaic of Cygnus. All the times I've spent looking at NGC 7000, and I had no idea it's sitting just next to it! Looking on AB, it looks like it will make for a nice SHO target, so I'm hoping to get to it myself at some point with the 80ED. 

Thanks Xiga! Yes, for some reason this quite exciting object has been generally forgotten, maybe because of its neighbour. I would also like to get Oiii for it but the high-speed filter I need is not available until Baader finishes the new batch (hopefully in October). Since Corona everything in astrophoto are on back order, but I guess that is a minor probem in the big scheme of things.....

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

That came out very nice, Göran. Great contrast between the billowing Ha and the very dark structures below centre.

Now you're just acting spoilt. 😉

Thanks Wim - I had planned to sleep all night last night, but glad I didn't. Now it is raining...