NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ADM mini dovetail bar

Am i correct that only ADM offers a mini dovetail bar?   I need a 25+ cm mini dovetail bar with some long mounting holes in it.  The mounting holes on a place other then the ones ADM offer.   Maybe some of you know if this size dovetail bar is manufactured by other companies also.  
thx

Edited by Robindonne

28 minutes ago, Second Time Around said:

Starpal on AliExpress do them up to 30cms.  I recently needed a shorter version and couldn't find any with slots in the right place in the UK or EU. They came within 2 weeks.

Oh great! But is that the mini(less wide) dovetail bar?    

While checking the Flo webshop for one more time, just to be sure they really dont have this version (11” long mds bar), i did find a dualside dovetail plate from William Optics.   And if dimensions given with this plate are correct(38 mm width), it might be a good option.  They are 245 mm long and have some long holes/slots in it.   Not sure that smaller side of that WO bar correspond perfect with the ADM mini dovetail system.  
Thx for the tip.  I’ll check the Ali app.

Edited by Robindonne

Ah yes i see them.   I do think however they are even smaller than the ones i need.   These starpals look like they are the size of the ones used with finderscopes etc.  Im not sure if they are the same as the one from this picture.  
1,5 inch in width.   

719FA323-F99B-40E9-AEFE-A0B5F81F97F2.jpeg

Edited by Robindonne

No problem.   They are actually also mini dovetails.   Im afraid the adm mini’s are some mm off.   Maybe i just get rid of them and follow the normal vixen size again.   Only option im going to try Is the dualside bar from WO.  They use an Arca swiss system, never heard of it before, and they kind of look to be compatible with the adm minis.   Its also the only one with slots on the right position.   Thanks anyway for the help.  Appreciated

Edited by Robindonne
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just received this very lightweight bar.   It has 2 “camera” screws, so it attaches quite easily to the tuberings.  And best of all, the adm mini dovetail systems fits.  
The bar is 300 mm long and around £8,-   A very nice alternative for the much heavier adm mds bars.  I suppose its strong enough for almost everything, i attached a handle to it that has to carry the whole telescope.

8CB68A1E-A8E4-49B6-819A-26F8C2F350A1.jpeg

F653CFCE-2BE4-49F3-9431-B2ACCD6A254D.jpeg

7736579B-A5D8-48F1-92AC-2A8921EB6EF2.jpeg

Edited by Robindonne