SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sirius 29/08/20

AstroNebulee

Hi

Not sure if this is the right section to post about star images, so feel free to lam bast and move my offering.  I woke early on Saturday morning and saw a very bright Venus, Orion had pulled into view and i saw Sirius low on the horizon, so took a quick chance to image it with my skymax 127 and ZWO asi120mc-s ( i know i should of imaged the Orion nebula but wanted to get Sirius first and hope to capture the Orion nebula moro morning as should have clear skies then ( he says hopefully), its not the best image of Sirius but not sure how to capture stars properly yet, i liked to view the variety of colours it was pulsating. My skyglo filter i should of fitted for it. There's so much to view and image i feel like i need to image it all at once and know I should concentrate on a couple of things at each session but when the skies are clear, well you just go for it don't you, well that's the inexperienced astronomer in me haha, ill settle down with it soon.  Clear skies everyone.

05_31_42_lapl4_ap13 sirius registax.png

• Like 4

How about having a go at something higher up in the sky. You'll get less atmospheric disturbance. Maybe pick out a few double stars to have a bash at, see if you can capture the different colours.

• Thanks 1

Hi Mark 

I will try higher up, it's just it was there and wanted to image it, will definitely go for more double stars and dso's when I get my 150p back on the mount especially when Orion is more in view and the full moon has passed, will like yo image the moon as not had a chance with my skymax 127 yet with rubbish skies and moon in wrong position for me, so muchto do and so little time haha 

• Like 1