Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skychart/CduC site E Longitude shows W.

Rusted

Observatory coordinates show correctly under Setup but Telescope coordinates show positive instead of negative.  i.e. West instead of East!

I have repeatedly tried re-entering the coordinates under Observatory/Site but Telescope completely ignores the change.

Has anyone else noticed this? This problem shows on both my PC and my imaging laptop. Both W10 64 bit.

I have just updated my PC to 4.2 from 3 and it still shows me as west instead of east of Greenwich under Telescope. No Telescope is connected.

It is impossible to adjust anything in the coordinate boxes under Telescope.      

Any constructive thoughts? Thanks.

Rusty,

I use CdC V4.3.beta4167 and Win 10 64

The screen shots show that the CdC settings are transferred to the Ascom telescope position...

Can you upload a screen shot of your problem?

Edited by Merlin66
images removed
  • Like 1

Thanks, but I'd rather avoid giving away my exact location on a public forum.

I'm using the ASCOM[AWR] telescope driver via AWR[Tech]UK IH2 drives.
C-Du-C shows the correct location of the site in Observatory + Set-up.
It just can't manage the seemingly simple trick of transferring the same information to Telescope within the same software.

Any error of E or west + or - is effectively doubled, of course.
Which may well explain why C-Du-C/ASCOM[AWR] hasn't managed a single Goto "hit."
Not since I bought the AWR drives kit and commercial ASCOM driver several years ago and later updated at further expense.
The mounting is perfectly aligned and checked weekly via drift in SharpCap.

Okay. AWR woke up having lost an hour on LST. Corrected in RTC. Reset parking position.
Skycharts updated to 4.3 Beta. Set-up site is correct. Telescope still showing + West. :icon_scratch:

ASCOM telescope simulator shows observatory site correctly. - East.
Skycharts cursor was well south of the horizon. Corrected by syncing on the sun.
It is lucky it was very cloudy.  :wacko: So I had time to play instead of imaging. :tongue2: