SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pegasus Astro Ultimate Power Box v2 strange usb/wifi issue

Honestly, I don't know if it's the PAUPB or my NUC that's causing this problem but if you watch this short 4.5 minute video you'll see the issue I'm having connecting wirelessly to my NUC.

When the PAUPBv2 is connected to the NUC, I can not connect to the NUC via WiFi.

Connecting via ethernet is no issue, it's only wireless that is no longer working.

https://youtu.be/HlOYAttHGDY

I've replaced the USB3 cable connecting the two and tried a USB3 hub between with no luck.

If you figure it out, I'll be interested what the answer is. I had similar issues just plugging my CMOS camera into my NUC. If I could connect at all, it would drop within about 30 seconds. Normally I couldn't get it to connect or it would be slow to connect. Unplug the CMOS camera from the USB3 port and no problem at all. I thought I had solved the problem by re-routing my USB3 cable and swapping it for a different one thinking it may be interference, but my problems came right back. I haven't figured out what the issue is yet. 

The strange thing is this worked FLAWLESSLY for 5 trips out. One time I didn't even plug the ethernet in, I went wireless all night with no issues. Now, can't get it to connect for anything.

Edited by SiriusDoggy

I've narrowed the problem down I beleive to USB3.0 / 2.4Ghz interference. Search for that and you may find clues to help you. Sadly, I've gotta find a decent 5Gz USB powered router now... Looking to get this one - TP-Link AC750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router

9 hours ago, SiriusDoggy said:

I've narrowed the problem down I beleive to USB3.0 / 2.4Ghz interference. Search for that and you may find clues to help you. Sadly, I've gotta find a decent 5Gz USB powered router now... Looking to get this one - TP-Link AC750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router

Be interested to know how it works and if it solves your problems. I have a travel router that will do 5Ghz, but only if it's connected via ethernet to a modem. Kind of useless in that regard.

Switching to the 5Ghz router solved the problem. It's working like a champ now.

Big kudos to the Pegasus folks. I sent them a support ticket with a link to the video and they too confirmed it's a known issue with USB3 interfering with 2.4Ghz wifi.

• Thanks 1