Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging with achromat.

GKA

I thought i would share my results learning astrophotography, i've been using two achromatic telescopes. 

First telescope is skywatcher startravel 120/600 F5, and the second is orion deluxe 100mm f6, both used with the same ovl field flattener from Flo. 

Used a unmodified canon eos 1000d for this, and the Mount is EQ5 Pro. 

It has been edited for me by a friend in pixinsight, since i don't have the skills my self. 

For the coming season, i have bought a skywatcher evostar 80ed with the flattener /reduser, and hopping my results will improve greatly. 

First 2 pictures is from the startravel 120, the rest is from the Orion scope

M42 and M51

post-279737-0-66839000-1585045551.jpg

post-279737-0-68108800-1585069236.jpg

• Like 1

Hi GKA, those images are brilliant considering the equipment used. The tracking is excellent for an EQ5 setup. Once you get your knew ED glass up and running you'll be amazed at what you can capture. Nice one!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice images, well captured. You should learn the processing as that is half the fun, seeing the dull raw stacks come to life!

Yes, I'm working on learning Gimp right now, but will probably buy pixinsight when funds allow. 

5 minutes ago, Franklin said:

Hi GKA, those images are brilliant considering the equipment used. The tracking is excellent for an EQ5 setup. Once you get your knew ED glass up and running you'll be amazed at what you can capture. Nice one!

Thank you, thats What I'm hopping for. 

I have also built my self an observatory, so that will make things easier i hope. 

• Like 1