Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tripod for sky tracker

msacco

5 minutes ago, soundwave said:

This one - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32623885562.html

Now that I look at the specs (and price), yours seem to be much sturdier, so I assume it's a better build and probably a better locking mechanism 😀 

Which star tracker are you thinking about getting?

Oh interesting...And does this cheap mount really works well enough for you? I thought of getting some similar Zomei tripod, but many friends of mine told me that's it's not good etc.
Even though I'm not sure they tried it or not, and many people always say chinese stuff is bad, I usually end up getting something good enough for a really good price.

I did skip the Zomei this time and went for the INNOREL, as it looked a bit higher quality and found some good reviews, but yeah I think the Zomei mounts looks really good as well.

As for sky tracker, I'm thinking of a DIY 3D build :)

Edited by msacco

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, msacco said:

Oh interesting...And does this cheap mount really works well enough for you?

I use a Canon T2i and a 70-200mm (f4) lens, so it works well enough for that, at least. However, I am in constant stress about touching it during a session and I handle the SkyGuider very carefully when moving things.

Edited by soundwave

24 minutes ago, soundwave said:

I use a Canon T2i and a 70-200mm (f4) lens, so it works well enough for that, at least. However, I am in constant stress about touching it during a session and I handle the SkyGuider very carefully when moving things.

I see, hope it would work well enough for me :)