Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronometry- which index

Red Chilli

Hi, I used "All sky plate solver" index installation wizard to calculate the indexes you need.

Plugging in your sensor pixel size (6.5 microns) and number of pixels (5505 x 3670), the wizard advices to install these indexes:

for the 50mm: index-4216, index-4217, index-4218, index-4219, index-4100

for the 200mm: index-4212, index-4213, index-4214, index-4215, index-4216

Hope this helps!

Edited by endlessky
  • Like 1

FYI Note - if you are going to use 2 or more different FOV then take note of the index's for each FOV as having all the files (some 4.9GB) slows down the solving. e.g. Store all the Index's in a separate folder and amend the Astronmetry.net index folder to only contain the correct Index's for the FOV required by the Lens being used. This could make the difference between 20+ secs and 9 secs platesolving.  Also take a look at ASTAP to see if its compat with Cloudmakers (i.e. Indigo) - note Cloudmakers software has its own Index manager (to select the correct Index's) so you dont need to use ASPS Index wizard and I guess you will be running on Apple OS (MACOS) of some description anyway.