Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Sizes

Afternoon everyone.

I’m looking to completely overhaul my eyepiece range since I have my new Nexstar 8SE. It obviously came with the 25mm plossl eyepiece (which feels quite light). Along with this I also have a 7.5mm, 9mm, 17mm and a 32mm all skywatcher super plossl eyepieces, so about £20 each. On top of this I also have a 6mm TMB planetary eyepiece - though I suspect this is a fake - it was given to me by someone who got it very cheap off eBay and views aren’t great.

i’m pretty set on the Celestron X-Cel LX range, I don’t really want to be spending £100 on each one, so the Baader Hyperion’s are a bit out of my price range.

but I wondered if anyone had an opinion on which sizes to get? My scope is F10 and I was initially thinking a 7mm, 12mm and 18mm. Though I was thinking is a 7mm a bit too much and scale down to the 9mm?

Just wanted some advice really, many thanks