Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan 4.39.10 issues with V4 handset

jambouk

The V4 handset worked fine before updating the firmware to 4.39.10. Now it says no response box axes. I've installed the earlier firmware version (4.39.05) but that has the same error message, and installed the relay firmware, same issue. The AZEQ6 has the latest motor controller firmware and other handset work on this mount with this lead and this handset doesn't work on other mounts either or with other leads, so it is an issue with this handset. other V3 handsets have 4.39.10 on and work fine.

Any ideas? Does anyone have earlier versions of V4 firmware I could try?

James

• Like 1

I found some older versions of V4 handset firmware on my laptop going back to 2014, but none of them help.

Currently:

HC Firmware 04.38.09

HC Hardware 04.16

Database 04.02

Firmware update version 2.4

James

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes, I've been through that and been unable to solve the issue. Even with the Relay firmware installed, the laptop won't recognice the handset or the mount.

I've contacted Skywatcher. It's not an urgent issue as I have a spare handset, just annoying that the now spare handset doesn't work on anything.

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jambouk said:

Thanks. Yes, I've been through that and been unable to solve the issue. Even with the Relay firmware installed, the laptop won't recognice the handset or the mount.

I've contacted Skywatcher. It's not an urgent issue as I have a spare handset, just annoying that the now spare handset doesn't work on anything.

James

I never upgrade my hand controllers as if they are working well, I'm always worried they won't afterwards. I often read of problems. If it aint broke etc.

Am I missing something?

• Like 1