Right been looking at telescope's for over a wk now was going to limit price to 600 bit found a few pounds extra new price is 1300 would like a WiFi goto scope to view bit of everything something that is all singing all danceing maybe take some pictures as well I know iam asking alot but do need lots of help thanks

1 minute ago, dogduck said:

Right been looking at telescope's for over a wk now was going to limit price to 600 bit found a few pounds extra new price is 1300 would like a WiFi goto scope to view bit of everything something that is all singing all danceing maybe take some pictures as well I know iam asking alot but do need lots of help thanks

Get this first https://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html  whats the rush 

Try to make a list of your priorities. If you want to do serious astrophotography, it will cost a lot of money and has conflicting requirements to visual observing. Trying to do it all with one set up will probably end up being a compromise so many people end up with separate set ups for visual and imaging. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Kyle Allen said:

Try to make a list of your priorities. If you want to do serious astrophotography, it will cost a lot of money and has conflicting requirements to visual observing. Trying to do it all with one set up will probably end up being a compromise so many people end up with separate set ups for visual and imaging. 🙂

Thanks manly for moon planets and deep space would.like to take.some pics if I can 

For deep sky objects, aperture and dark skies are most important. Many people use a Dobsonian telescope - a Newtonian reflector held in a cradle that rotates side to side and up and down - since they offer lots of aperture at a reasonable cost. They are usually manual but you can get GoTo versions. 

For the Moon and planets, aperture is also important because it means you can resolve smaller details. However, optical quality is also very important and lots of people prefer the views through a good quality refractor. 

For astrophotography, a good stable mount is most important. It needs to be able to track the stars to a very high level of accuracy so that you can take long exposures in order to reveal faint detail. The type of object that you want to photograph will influence the choice of scope - some objects are very large and require short focal lengths, others are small and require longer ones. 

Hopefully this gives you an idea of the equipment requirements for different areas of astronomy. If you are just interested in recording what you see (perhaps in more detail)  rather than taking pretty pictures, that is also possible. I believe that is called video astronomy and could possibly be done with a GoTo Dobsonian in your price range. 

Thank you so many to choose doing my head in but thanks for you.post going have to go shop and talk to someone as there is no one.close.to me.to show and talk to me about different setups but will take note of what you.said

6 minutes ago, dogduck said:

Thank you so many to choose doing my head in but thanks for you.post going have to go shop and talk to someone as there is no one.close.to me.to show and talk to me about different setups but will take note of what you.said

My advice is to keep asking questions on here.

There is no such thing as a "silly" question as far as this forum is concerned plus we are totally independant - not trying to sell you anything :smiley:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1