Best Camera recommendations for a beginner around £300?

Olli

For a while now I’ve been looking at getting myself a decent dslr for Astro photography to use with a star adventurer   and normal photography ( wildlife ect) I have a budget of £300-£350 to spend and was wondering what would be the best option. Or if I should go the second hand route and get a better lens’s for the camera.

any suggestions/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Olli said:

For a while now I’ve been looking at getting myself a decent dslr for Astro photography to use with a star adventurer   and normal photography ( wildlife ect) I have a budget of £300-£350 to spend and was wondering what would be the best option. Or if I should go the second hand route and get a better lens’s for the camera.

any suggestions/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

What are you hoping to take pictures of what lens do you have in mind. 

No lenses in mind at the moment. Do you mean for the Astro side of things? Probably widefield shots and probably galaxies/nebulae until I get a scope for the star adventurer 

Edited by Olli

On 28/07/2020 at 18:36, Olli said:

No lenses in mind at the moment. Do you mean for the Astro side of things? Probably widefield shots and probably galaxies/nebulae until I get a scope for the star adventurer 

Well, wide feild, nebula and galaxy imaging are probably the three types of imaging lol. We will forget galaxy imaging as its not really going to happen with a camera lens. That leaves nebula and wide feild and with a lens really wide feild is going to be the main focus.

If you are including the lens in that 300 pounds then you will be lucky to get much more than a 50mm kit lens and a old unmodified DSLR.

Edited by Adam J

10 hours ago, Adam J said:

Well, wide feild, nebula and galaxy imaging are probably the three types of imaging lol. We will forget galaxy imaging as its not really going to happen with a camera lens. That leaves nebula and wide feild and with a lens really wide feild is going to be the main focus.

If you are including the lens in that 300 pounds then you will be lucky to get much more than a 50mm kit lens and a old unmodified DSLR.

I wasn’t going to mod it as I was going to use the camera for daytime photography as well. That’s why I was wondering if its worth buying a second hand camera instead and using most of the money on a decent lens? I was Thinking of getting a d3500 but I’m not really sure. Yeah after I typed it I realised it was three types, sorry.

Edited by Olli

• 1 month later...