Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Altair Astro 72 EDF

Look what arrived today - a baby telescope.  Up to now, I have been using a Skywatcher 200PDS for observing and various camera lenses for astro-photography, but I have finally invested in a small Refractor to develop my Astro-Photography a bit more.  Pictured here on my HEQ5, the scope is 72mm diameter and focal length of 432mm, so F6.0.  I also purchased a 1 times field flattener so that it maintains the same focal length (which keeps a bit of separation from my 300mm Canon lens).  The scope has a nice quality feel to it - everything fits and moves precisely.  To start with I'll be autoguiding using the finder-scope from my 200PDS, but I intend to add a proper guide scope at some point in the future.  Now, if only I'd ordered a T mount adapter, I could connect my camera and try it out....doh!!   

IMG_20200727_164230623.jpg

• Like 3