NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heritage 130P mods

Stu

Having cleaned the mirror on the Heritage 130P before its outing to Ranmore the other night, I thought I would carry out a few mods to make it a little more useable.

The shroud I made some years ago has never been particularly near or satisfactory, so I made another which slides down inside the main tube and is much neater.

I also moved the dovetail around a little way so that the eyepiece is in a more convenient position when on an alt az Mount like the Ercole I was using tonight. It is now much easier to observe with. I just had to drill one additional hole in the tube and one it the dovetail, having removed the mirror cell first. All quite straightforward.

Finally I fitted a better RDF, although it is not adjusting horizontal position correctly at the moment so I think I need to take it apart to fix it. I was able to allow for the offset whilst observing tonight, but it’s a bit annoying.

Overall I’m very pleased with it now, great little scope and much more convenient and comfortable to use.

F931DEDA-EB15-40D3-8725-8A1FCD3174BE.jpeg

DC618183-99A8-4322-81FC-3CDD681B6472.jpeg

654BC669-0E74-446C-93A2-34447793009F.jpeg

• Like 6

That shroud looks very smart Stu. And the scope looks nice and portable on that tripod. 

I would like to put my little 76p on some kind of tripod to use for grab and go sessions.

have you flocked the inside of the tube aswell? I am considering doing this to my 300p flex tube.

I made a small light shield to go around the front end of my 76p, I noticed quite a contrast gain as it blocked quite a bit of light from down the focus tube. Something you might also consider.

regards

Baz