Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light with L-enhance duoband

mackiedlm

Still no astro-dark here but I could not face another re-process, so two nights out to get 5 hours of integration, and not the darkest of sky's at that.

But anyway, its maybe a bit too gaudy but I may go back and try to tone it down a bit. But maybe not. :?

About 5 hours of 240s exposure (half ISO800, half ISO1600), Canon 700Da, L-enhance filter,
SW Evostar 80ED, NEQ6

Stacked, Ha & Oiii extracted and recombined all in APP. Final tweaks in Photoshop.

Still very much a beginner so suggestions for improvement appreciated.

915794436_NGC6960_HOOr1-2_combine-RGB-image-CBG_St2_fullprocess.thumb.png.3dd23186abdb510b24280d106d756c39.png

• Like 5

On 21/07/2020 at 12:29, mackiedlm said:

Decided to try a less harsh approach and got this

389282757_NGC6960_HOOr1-2_combine-RGB-image-CBG_St2_croppedlevelsgradxredsatflatreducestars.thumb.png.2565dc51ba7038d410817b7e26bf6b75.png

I really like this version, much more natural looking. You could probably bring in the black point a touch or lower the mid point, just watch the saturation as it will increase and i think you have it just right here.

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

I really like this version, much more natural looking. You could probably bring in the black point a touch or lower the mid point, just watch the saturation as it will increase and i think you have it just right here.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. I already did a bit about the red halos by reducing the stars a bit in the red channel and that already seemed to darkened the bg a little