Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good laser and non-laser collimation tools

I should be getting my Meade Lightbridge 12" tomorrow assuming that the delivery folks do their job :D

With my Skywatcher 8" F/6 dobsonian I found that the standard plastic Skywatcher cheshire eyepiece was enough to get and maintain pretty good collimation.

With the LB 12 being an F/5 and a truss design I reckon I might need something more precise for collimation. I've tried a laser collimator in the past and not been too impressed with it as it turned out that the collimator itself needed collimating before it was much help with the scope :hello2:

I wonder what people might recommend - a good quality cheshire type eyepiece or are there good reliable laser devices around now ?. The scope I am getting has replacement (more robust) collimation springs and has "Bobs Knobs" fitted to the primary end of the scope.

Thanks,

John

Archived