SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heq5 red washers

me again! 

Good news is I've found why the dec was stiff! I've stripped down again and found that the bell housing had a knick in it somehow and that was catching on the brass worm gear, i filed down and nownits buttery smooth.

My next issue is in astro babys guide she mentions the red washer on the RA but never mentions on on the dec at all and I have two! I previously used the other one at the bottom of the bell housing but I think that's incorrect as there's a metal type spacer down there i think the bearing sits on? 

.any one advise where the second red washer goes please.

Photo below is when I know for sure one goes.

Edit. Added another pic to show where I had it before 

Screenshot_20200719-155845_Chrome.jpg

20200719_144859.jpg

Edited by Dan13

• 1 year later...

That washer in the Dec housing is to stop metal to metal contact with the ring gear.. as long as there's something there it will do it's job

Can't think what ones they are off the top of my head but some dictate the height of the ring gear to the worm... Normally the spacers from stock are way too thick and made of plastic/ delrin... Better off with teflon, PTFE and the right thickness