NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skytee counterweight Locking bolt.

bomberbaz

Can someone post a picture up of the skytee mounts counter weight locking bolt or what ever it is that is used to lock it. 

I hadn't checked this part of the mount until today as I ended up being pre-occupied with the mount grease. Then today I decided to stick some OTA's on it and do some daylight dry run testing for the hoped for clear night tomorrow.

Anyway, when I looked in the box I could not find anything in there to use as a locking system for the weight and nor do I remember seeing anything like that. 

TIA

Steve

I’m assuming yoou mean the counterweight and not the security screw that fits into the end of the counterweight shaft.

You’ll need one of these partly threaded bolts with a reduced diameter plain part of the shaft and a nylon tip..  Very hard to find and Astroshop seems to one of the only places stocking them.. 

https://www.astroshop.eu/screws/omegon-m8x55-screw-for-eq-5-counterweight/p,51422

Pic of bolt with one of the Skytee 3.4kg weights.

03344B9C-49DC-43E3-B3A2-BA9997775DDE.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

thanks John, I have cobbled together something that will work until I can get one sent out. I have contacted the retailer, I am hoping they will get it sorted for me.

I am not having a lot of luck with kit just at the moment. 

Edited by bomberbaz

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

They will probably have to take one out of a counterweight in stock as it doesn’t seem to be available seperately in the UK.

I have ordered it from astroshop and will tell FLO to leave it. I have an order already in with astroshop and so they should add it to that and refund the postage. Its the simplest option from my point of view. 

Steve