Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can any Stepper Gurus help with DRV8825 problem?

Stub Mandrel

I'm trying to program an Arduino Uno to operate an euqatorial platform.

I'm using a DRV8825 for the first time as the 32-microstep resolution will be helpful.

Try what I can, the stepper will ONLY rotate in one direction. I have got it stepping once per millisecond on the STP pin, but whether I have the DIR pin high or low (I've checked with a voltmeter, it's either 0.00V or 4.76V) it resolutely steps in the same direction.

I can't figure this out, even a mis-wired stepper shouldn't do this - you can reverse a stepper by wiring a coil backwards but not make it unidirectional, as far as I know?

Standard NEMA 17,  200 steps.

Current limit set to about 280mA, everything works as expected.

All I can think of is that the DIR input of the stepper board is fried. That could explain why it isn't reading the full 5.0V I get with teh board disconnected.

Hmm... the DIR pin reads 300R to GND, while the STP pin is MUCH higher, with the UNO disconnected.

I'll try another board./

.... Yes, just swapped the stepper board for another one and it works.

Sorry if I wasted your time, but sometimes explaining a problem to someone else is the best way to solve it!