Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zwo ASI1600 + ASI 17MM issues

souls33k3r

Hi All, 

Hope you're all keeping well and safe. 

I'm going to put this down to a software related question rather than the hardware but please don't let that hold your thoughts on this issue. 

So I have ASI1600MM as my main imaging camera and I use 174mm mini as my Guidecam (OAG) which is plugged in to the back of the ASI1600 hub. The camera USB3 is then plugged in to the Pegasus UPB. I've been having this issue for months now (It was initlaly fine but then 2 updates ago this issue started to appear) and I feel like it's time to ask for some help and suggestions. 

Issue 1: If I start the session by plugging in the ASI 174mm mini Guidecam at the back of the ASI 1600 hub and fire up Pegasus UPB, it keeps showing the camera as unplugged. The solution is to unplug the ASI174 camera and restart the laptop and now the ASI1600MM shows connected. 

Issue 2: I fire up SGP and let my camera cool down, it works just fine but as soon as I plug in the ASI174 Guidecam and (or is it when I hit connect on PHD2) my ASI1600MM camera stops responding. Only way to fix it by closing down SGP and then fire it back up again and cool the camera down once again. 

I do have workarounds and these seems to fix the issue for the entirety of the session but I don't know what could be the cause of the issue. Whether it's a hardware issue or software. I don't remember if I have tried plugging the Guidecam directly on to the USB hub of the Pegasus UPB but that's one thing I'm going to most certainly try. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

42 minutes ago, johnoelliott said:

The UPB only has USB2 ports.

Don't you have a problem with amp glow at usb2 speeds?

I'd try plugging everything into the UPB rather than trying to use the 1600 hub.

It does have USB 2 but I don't normally see any amp glow but it does show up slightly on the Darks. 

Yeah I will try plugging the guidecam in to the UPB and see how that behaves which for the love of God I can't remember if I have tried that already or not. 

Just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas what could be causing this. 

I've been dealing with a similar issue. I had my ASI1600MM-C and AS1120MM-S plugged into a powered USB3 hub (so not using the ASI1600 USB) and that plugged into an Aaeon UP Core computer. All powered from the same 12V source. A lot of the time the ASI1600 would not get connected so I would have to unplug the USB cable and replug it. Never had a problem connecting to the ASI120. At first I thought I would need to delay sending power to the ASI1600 till after the computer had booted but that didn't help. So I'm now trying with a delay in sending powerto the computer so it boots after power has been applied to all the other devices. So far this has been working reliably for a few days. I suspect the issue may be due to the powered USB3 hub needing some time to register the ASI1600 before the computer boots and searches for attached USB devices.