NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Horsehead

Coops

Hi All,

Here is my first Horsehead.

12x600 subs unguided On a HEQ5 with a QHY6 WO Megrez72

Captured by CCDCap stacked in DSS(Thanks Billy I still like Registax :hello2: )And finished in PS.

Has anyone had any problems uploading images with Explorer 7 I had to use Mozilla Firefox to load this one??.

Well once again Thanks for looking.

Regards Pete

11568_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

VERY well done Pete! :thumbright: The new camera really picked up a lot of depth and structure.. absolutely stunning. This is exactly what I'd expect the nebulae to look like if my eyes could somehow take it all in at the eyepiece. :hello2: Btw, I had a problem dragging a few sketches into UKastronomers tonight, but the The Simple Photo Upload function worked ok.

Thank you both for your compliments!!.

I really need to get to grips with the processing side of things now :hello2: .

Oddly the first sub on its own looked better to me than the final stack.

But I think I killed it the processing.But in my defense I have only had the camera a few weeks and the software even less.

So lots to learn,at least I have the data to play with on cloudy nights now.

Regards Pete

Guys thank you all for the encouragement.I have played some more with it ,restacked it took out 2 not so good subs.

Had a play with gimp and PS,but for my money it looks no better :hello2: .

Is there any way to bring up the resolution with out totally losing the sharpness, Or am i at the mercy of my little chip?

Any tips greatly appreciated, anyone who would like to tweak....great would be interesting to see what you experts can pull out of the hat.

Cheers Pete

11607_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

NGC,

I did spend a long time with Polarfinder and my Ambubble more time than I have ever spent in the past but well worth the effort!

Would running off mains help in anyway? using a monitor PSU 12v at 4.16A.

got a guiding system now so life should get better :hello2:

Cheers Pete

Archived