NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky safari 5

I currently use sky safari a lot when planning my imaging sessions. One thing I like to do is to be able to show the field of view of my DSLR for a given lens size. This way I can see if the object will fit in that field of view. I have it all set up showing the fields of view of all my lenses, telescope eye pieces and binos. So I can just pick and choose which one I want. 

The problem is as you move the 'sky' around you cannot seem to be able to line both the constellation and the field of view rectangle. Is there a way to turn of the auto rotation of the sky so you can line them up (there is an auto rotate option but that does not do what I am describing). An example of the best I can line them up is shown. Trying to see if Ursa minor will fit in my selected field of view.

Screenshot_20200527-203917_SkySafari 5 Plus.jpg

Try tapping top left corner of screen in Skysafari and change from Horizon to one of the other tions, equatorial, eclipitc or galactic views. Might give you a bit more freedom in moving things around how you like. 

82CD71FC-A224-44F2-A354-4BC9FB354ADC.thumb.jpeg.c1d1846abcd85540953fde134ac5c5fe.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Try tapping top left corner of screen in Skysafari and change from Horizon to one of the other tions, equatorial, eclipitc or galactic views. Might give you a bit more freedom in moving things around how you like. 

82CD71FC-A224-44F2-A354-4BC9FB354ADC.thumb.jpeg.c1d1846abcd85540953fde134ac5c5fe.jpeg

Thanks for that, I did not look now that option was there by tapping top left. Unfortunately it has not helped though. It's as though I could do with the camera rectangle staying still and then spin the sky or the other way round.