Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eqmod, asiair and skysafari

I have a question for those who use the asiair connected through eqmod cable.  
At this moment im struggling every night with the following procedures:

level and align my mount, polaralign the mount, fill in the date and time in synscan, do a 3 star alignment and finish the procedures with some platesolving through asiair and sync that data with the mount.   

while i do understand the benefits of goto, i also understand that from all the 40k+ locations in the synscan-database, i only use 1 or 2 every night.

I remember watching a youtube clip, reviewing the asiair, where the guy skipped all of the above steps.  

he basically put his mount in home position, did a semi-automated polaralignment through asiair using the main camera (almost like the polemaster procedure) did some platesolving here and there and synced the data (including date and time) with the mount and was good to go.   

only thing that holds me for trying this method is the lack of an eqmod-cable. But also the possibility of not being able to use skysafari anymore is what holding me from this method.  

When i come to the point of using the whole night for imaging 1 object then its no problem to not being able to use skysafari i think.  But for now it seems like the goto-database in the asiair isnt as complete as synscan/skysafari.  

i just want to know if it is correct that skysafari wont work when the mount is aligned by asiair-platesolving, using a eqmod-cable and skipping the handcontroller, instead of the 3-star alignment with the synscan

Edited by Robindonne