Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

double filters

Hi all

If using lrgb filters in a filter wheel 1.25 would it be advisable to use a LP filter in the image train and where would I put it ? I presume it would need to be a 2"

Camera,filter wheel,coma c,scope where would it sit?

Many thanks

18 hours ago, vlaiv said:

I would use 2" LPS filter and I would put it in front of CC, so it would be:

camera, FW, CC, LPS filter, scope

Hi I've just ordered the optolong 2" moon and skyglow as it's the only one I've found with ar coating (fairly cheap) what do u think any good.

Si

1 minute ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi I've just ordered the optolong 2" moon and skyglow as it's the only one I've found with ar coating (fairly cheap) what do u think any good.

Si

Looking at the curve - I would say it's a decent LPS fitler. You won't have much issues getting color balance right and it should cut into heaviest LP (sodium lamps and such).

In case you are in mag19+ skies - I would say - it will help quite a bit.

Don't know what the quality of build is or what are optics like, but you'll see if its ok soon enough. Poor optics can sometimes distort stars or make them bloat a bit and there can be odd reflections and halos - hopefully, you won't have to deal with any of those.

• Like 1