Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where in the sky, is this?

I found this photo on a memory card of constellation photography I did in April 2018. I don't think it's cropped, so it's just a constellation photo with a 50mm lens. I've been looking at it for ages and I don't know which constellation it is. Anyone recognise it?
It's driving me up the wall!

IMG_3974.JPG.121476764831ba8c8b85e0a6de85c979.JPG

Here you go:

Center (RA, Dec): (218.862, 59.638)
Center (RA, hms): 14h 35m 26.907s
Center (Dec, dms): +59° 38' 18.381"
Size: 25 x 16.7 deg
Radius: 15.006 deg
Pixel scale: 87.8 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: Up is 121 degrees E of N

4227523.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craney said:

The next question is.... so what was so interesting about that region of sky  for you to photograph it ????  

Nothing, I'm afraid. I was testing a new lens out. I'd been using a kit lens and someone kindly sent me a higher quality 50mm lens, and I do love constellation photography. I found the picture today because I was looking for pictures of the Coma Cluster, (seeing as Thursday night was the first time I'd been out to dark skies in a couple of months, and it's nice for viewing Melotte 111 around now).
Anyway, I found that shot and thought 'where the hell is that!'. Plus, I thought I might re-visit those two stars in the scope to see if the colours  are evident in the scope. The picture might be saturated, but they look very nice together in a wide field shot, Albereo like. 

Edited by Swithin StCleeve
  • Like 1