NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO GT81 ZWO 1600 Extender

groberts

I have a William Optics GT 81 with a William Optics x0.80 focal reducer + a ZWO 1600MM-Cool camera and x8 EFW.

What would be the correct length amd type of thread extender to join the said focal reducer with the EFW?

Graham    

WO Reducer Focus.jpg

Edited by groberts

Do you have all the bits that came with the 1600? If so you should have everything. Camera and FW is 26.5mm, the 21mm spacer and the 16.5mm M48 to M42 spacer with the M48 to M42 adapter on the scope side should enable you to thread onto the reducer. That gives you 64mm. Add some of those thin nylon shims and you should be about bang on.

Thanks David, I should have but will need to take a look. 

Frankly I'm bemused by the M42, M48, T2 etc terms, in general there still seems to be a lack of standardization between equipment and manufacturers in the world today, even after the VHS-Betamax fiasco + others, which I find very frustrating. 

Graham   

On 15/05/2020 at 20:10, david_taurus83 said:

Do you have all the bits that came with the 1600? If so you should have everything. Camera and FW is 26.5mm, the 21mm spacer and the 16.5mm M48 to M42 spacer with the M48 to M42 adapter on the scope side should enable you to thread onto the reducer. That gives you 64mm. Add some of those thin nylon shims and you should be about bang on.

OK I've had a look and this is what I have, which does not seem to add up to what you're outlining. 

IMG_20200518_123339780.jpg

OK thanks, I'll have another look.  I retain everything, boxes as well, but this is second generation bought December 2016 and I wonder if at that very early stage these were not included?  Although the info attached does not say Cool, they were (I think) the ony ones at that time + the items shown conform exactly with what I do have. 

If that is the case could you point me towards somewhere that would have suitable extenders - I believe the EFW and reducer are both M42 x 0.75?  

Graham