SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lagoon Nebula

ZiHao

35 x 1 minute of Lagoon Nebula under Bortle 8 skies taken with stock D5300, SW150/750 and EQ3 Pro. Had to say the gradient in the image was really bad because of the lazy and forgetful me that took the flats in a different camera orientation plus the possibilities of light leaking into the setup. Thanks to @alacant for giving the advice on stacking and AstroBackyard's Astrophotography Tutorial: How to Remove Gradients in Photoshop. Although the way of removing the gradient seems extremely unusual to me, but it works! I believe a lot of the advanced softwares like Pixinsight or plugins such as GradientXTerminator would solve the problem very easily.

lagoonbest.jpg

Edited by ZiHao
  • Like 10

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Chris33benoit said:

Nice picture of M8, beautiful.  Can I ask how many lights/darks/flats did you use for the Nebula?  Do we need equal amount of darks and lights ?  Thanks !

Thanks.

35 lights and IIRC, 20 flats and no darks were taken. Generally people only take around 30 darks. I think you should try with maybe more/less darks or even without them to stack with your raws to see how much it helps the image.

• 1 month later...