Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coma galaxy cluster revisit - 2hrs added now total 5hrs

lnlarxg

Getting fixated with the Coma cluster. It is just magical, just how much space and time are we looking at here with this photo 

added another 2 hrs to it now totalled 5hrs, and drizzled x2 to get more room to play when processing, my Stone Age laptop was little slow on the 700mb original TIF.  I think this is as far as I will go. I got more faint tiny galaxies’ data to play with after the additional 2hrs

A7F82DF3-C63E-4B5C-BC17-50B91FC5B969.jpeg

Edited by lnlarxg
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

Awesome picture. Please do share equipment and capture details. I

ah yes of course.  60 x 5min lights, darks/bias/lights calibrated.  Canon 550d with Skywatcher 250 Quattro CF, Mounted on Neq6 Pro, ZWO ASIAIR did all controlling.

8 minutes ago, lnlarxg said:

ah yes of course.  60 x 5min lights, darks/bias/lights calibrated.  Canon 550d with Skywatcher 250 Quattro CF, Mounted on Neq6 Pro, ZWO ASIAIR did all controlling.

Thanks. You sure have loads of equipment. Going by your experience, do you think shooting this object is possible with a Skywatcher 130 PDS on guided NEQ6 from Bortle 3 sky?

I am a novice and your image has really inspired me. 

43 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

Thanks. You sure have loads of equipment. Going by your experience, do you think shooting this object is possible with a Skywatcher 130 PDS on guided NEQ6 from Bortle 3 sky?

I am a novice and your image has really inspired me. 

It’s possible but it may be tough. The 130pds is great I love mine, but this target is full of tiny faint galaxies. 130pds will struggle on these faint objects, also the wider field of view of the 130pds means these small galaxies in my pic will appear even smaller

If you are a novice, as you mentioned, I would use the 130pds on brighter bigger subjects and play around. Try the M51 or M101

have fun!

• Like 1

Hi. Thanks a ton for your feedback. Do keep posting your deep exposure photos. These will keep people like me inspired and motivated enough to save more money for a 200mm of 250mm astrographs 😃😃😃😃