Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aurora Flatfield Generator and Aurora LPR conversion filter

37 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

If using one of these flatfield generators should I also have a Aurora LPR conversion filter ?

If so does anybody know where can I get one apart getting it direct from gerdneumann ?

Steve

I've never used one with these panels.

Olly

• Like 1

Just now, AndyThilo said:

I had weird colour issues with my flats when using a L-Enhance filter. The LPR filter helped with processing. Also helped increase exposure time which is good for my 294MC Pro.

Yes I had to add a couple of sheets of plain white paper otherwise the LUM flat was ridiculously fast. I just wondered if when using RGB, or NB filters if this mattered. My red takes a lot longer exposure than the G & B which makes sense if the output is biased towards the blue. Maybe I will order one anyway see if it makes a difference.

Steve

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Yes I had to add a couple of sheets of plain white paper otherwise the LUM flat was ridiculously fast. I just wondered if when using RGB, or NB filters if this mattered. My red takes a lot longer exposure than the G & B which makes sense if the output is biased towards the blue. Maybe I will order one anyway see if it makes a difference.

Steve

I rarely use flats-per-filter anyway because I find they make no difference except on very rare occasions when a filter gets a unique contaminant. My bunnies are not coming from the filters but from the chip window so my L flat is used for all. 

Olly

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I rarely use flats-per-filter anyway because I find they make no difference except on very rare occasions when a filter gets a unique contaminant. My bunnies are not coming from the filters but from the chip window so my L flat is used for all. 

Olly

Makes perfect sense and would save a bit of time as well. Judging by your images it obviously works fine so I will try that next time 🙂 

Steve