NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser Messier NT-130S/650 Parabolic any good for astrophotography?

Hi Folks,

Quick question,

I'm in the market for a new scope. I presently image using a DSLR and Skywatcher ED72, love its rich field views but I want to add something with a little more punch. I own the Heq5 pro mount and was thinking about the Skywatcher 130pds but these are like rocking horse poo right now (I've been trying to get hold of one for almost three months). So here is my question to you wonderful people. Is the Bresser Messier NT-130S/650 any good? Has anyone used one or own one? Alternatively, can you suggest an alternative for imaging DSO's in the £200 price bracket?

Looking forward to you thoughts/suggestions.

Kind regards

Simon

Hi, I don't think that the NT-130S/650 would be good for AP. But, the NT-150S/750 is a whole different beast. I have one, and IMHO is far better than the 150pds for imaging. Better build quality, larger (although single speed) and sturdier R&P focuser, larger secondary mirror (55mm vs 47mm of the PDS) for better illumination-larger imaging circle, and non protruding focuser tube when focused to infinity with a dslr.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R26 oldtimer said:

IMHO is far better than the 150pds

+1.

We use both the nt150s and the nt150l. They come with a proper rack and pinion focuser and aluminium alloy tube. The build quality and design are a notch above the skywatcher offerings and the optics first rate.

Here are some examples with the f5 taken last week.

HTH

Edited by alacant