Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Waafer thin moon.

Nice one again S5. I see Venus to the right don't I? The moon looks a lot thinner than I saw. Must be the wide angle lens.

I was going to set up to image the pair myself this evening, as they looked such a beautiful sight as I looked out of the kitchen window. Even the good lady was captivated by the two silvery lights against a deep blue sky. A ring of the doorbell snookered any further thoughts of a crack at them. Now I have to sit and watch the DVD of Mama Mia. Oh Dear! It's over 2 hours long I think.

Ron. :)

Hi Ron,

IIRC Venus was to the left over the last few nights Jupiter and Mercury to the right...

Billy...

Yes of course you are correct Peter. I saw the moon early this evening with a very bright Venus to it's lower right. Sat5's Image was taken a couple of nights previous when Jupiter was to it's right as in his Image.Had it ben Venus, it would have been a lot brighter.

It is all down to me getting times and dates of Sat5's Image wrong.

Ron. :)

Archived