NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Constellation widefields.

Hi S5,

Sorry for this in thread drift...

You dont need anything fancy just us the free "startrails" software to do it...

http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html

I normally take 30s subs with the camera set to continous and the shutter release locked ... the software does the rest... It doesnt handle raws though so shot large fien jpegs...

11263_normal.jpeg

It can also turn the stills into a video sequence which is quite effective...

Billy...

The filter is just to combat the LP.I've taken a few startrails before but mainly piggybacked on the scope in my garden,up to 20 mins, but the castle turret would make a nice foreground object.Going to the in-laws shortly for "tea and shortbread" so as long as i dont drink too much "tea" i should still be able to operate the camera ok,focusing might take a little longer though. :)

Those Castle foreground shots are superb S5.

Wide Starfield images always look splendid with a foreground element in there.

Ron. :thumbright:

I hope you don't mind Sat5. I Thought the pic might do as a Cover for young Lyle. :)

11395_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Billy,dont think so but if you subscribe to his youtube channel then whenever he

posts a new song you get an email notifying you about it.

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=kirkhetfieldtrujillo

Just click on any video and there is a yellow subscribe button top right.That means you subscribe to his channel,not just the song.

Better get back on topic here,skies clear so i'm going to go and try down at the castle again and hopefully later on i'll get the scope out.

Thanks for the kind comments about Lyle,he appreciates them greatly although i tell him his head will soon be the size of a bothy cat,if that one doesn't translate south of Hadrians Wall or South of Inverness for that matter i apologise. :)

Cheers Karlo,i'm just off to see if i can improve on it.

Archived