Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Connection issues with Astro Fi

51 minutes ago, ccrollinson said:

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could provide me with any guidance on connecting the Astro Fi. My scope doesn't seem to create its network? Any ideas? Many thanks

There is a small switch near the power switch to turn the wi-fi on or off. It should be to the right, and there should be a small red light to indicate the wi-fi is active. Is this working correctly?

On 24/04/2020 at 18:35, ccrollinson said:

Hi, thanks, yes the switch is set to the right, and the light does flash. I am only running on Batteries could it be that it needs to run on mains power? 

I would expect that batteries would be ok if fully charged, as the wi fi is built into the mount. I'm afraid I can't give much more help as I have no personal experience with that telescope. I have the separate wi-fi adapter on my mount and I know the range isn't greate. I assume you are standing next to the scope with your phone/tablet when checking for the Celestorn-xxx network?

I would suggest a 12v powertank or mains power as I would expect the mount to use up 8x AA batteries pretty quickly.

Edited by Shimrod

• 1 month later...