Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone know how to remotely get past the SynScan initialisation screen?

Having setup a remote observatory in back garden, and having it powered up/down through a Pegasus Ultimate Power Box, does anyone know if the EQ6 is powered down, and then powered up remotely if there is a way to bypass completely or remotely initialise the mount? Cannot connect to the scope remotely without physically going out and doing a manual initialisation first. Not a major deal breaker if not, as it just means getting out and doing so manually, but would be handy if I was feeling lazy or if there was a power cut etc.

I think if you connect through the handset then it'll have to run through the Initialisation Sequence then select PC Direct.

However if you can connect directly to the mount then your problem will be solved. If you have a newer model with a usb port on the head you can use a standard usb cable. If not then you will need the EQMOD cable.

7 hours ago, Starflyer said:

Thanks, funnily enough I was just looking at this right before I saw your reply :)

I'll order one of those I think 

Thanks everyone for your assistance