NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sloppy EQ6-R Pro head.

Endolf

Hi, I'm having a spot of bother with my EQ6-r-pro, I've only had it a few months but it seems a new problem has appeared.

After screwing the head down to the tripod, I tighten the nut on the bottom of the thread to tighten the tool shelf/leg spreader. With the 2 bolts on the side of the head I make sure the 2 bolts are roughly equally threaded in and lightly tightened. At this point, I can still wobble the mount head, only side to side, but it does rotate a few mm. I suspect that the blob in the middle of the undersite of the head is moving in the resese it engages in to. It makes it difficult to PA as when adjusting the rotation of the head, it doesn't rotate smoothly as it seems to slide the mount head before rotating it.

Anyone had this issue?, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Sounds like the retaining/ stop pin in the top of the tripod may be loose...

Remove the head from the tripod, you'll see a square "block" sticking up, check that this is tightly screwed into the top of the tripod.

For anyone who finds this in future, I found the issue. The lug on the bottom of the head is 0.6mm smaller than the hole, so the whole head was not held rigid. I've now put some self adhesive felt in the hole it fits in to to take up the side play. All rigid again, for now. Not sure how long it will last, it's a tight fit :)

IMG_20200421_175204.thumb.jpg.e73d0f8b3dde977f87fb3d0a3a0ea980.jpg

Edited by Endolf
Added image
  • Like 1