Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webb Society Galaxy of the Month NGC 4410A, Virgo

Mike JW

Martin in a previous post mentioned the interest in this area. It is also the Webb Society Galaxy of the Month. Owen has written a very informative piece re this galaxy and the interactive Aladin Map on the website shows many more galaxies. I picked up quite a few of them - mainly as faint grey fuzz spots.

https://www.webbdeepsky.com/galaxies/2020/galaxy/april

I had to extend the capture to see if I could pick up any of the tidal streams and to my delight I just got the one between IC 790 and PGC 40736. I have played with the image a little in photoshop to get rid of the noise but to leave the tidal stream. Far left of the shot and near the bottom is a cluster of galaxies. Aladin image would suggest they are galaxies. Pretty Deep Maps shows this galaxy group with the faintest being mag 19.4. In addition to the obvious bright galaxies I located 26 other galaxies in this shot.

Mike

1402799175_VV_219_NGC_4410.VIRGO_2020.4.15_21_55.59adjusted.thumb.png.182668a2092212229abb6302e5735b84.png